Gelateria MAKO logo design (October, 2019)
Relaxing cafeteria serving fine gelato
Gelateria MAKO (fictional)
The owner had been in Italy for 10 years.
Serving gelato made with healthy, organic ingredients.
- A woman in late twenties (28 year old office worker)
- Like: simple, functional things rather than decorative
- Unique and be particular about something
- Has many friends, but sometimes wants to spend free time by herself
- Hobby: exploring cafe (often goes to cafe)
- Often browses / posts on Instagram, has her own liking for photo’s color
fine / nature / relaxing / encounter / unite / fusion / joy / happiness / healing / source / give / offer
The shape of gelato -> it resembles mountains -> nature and relaxation
Two different shaped mountains -> two elements = two counties (Italy and Japan) ‘meet each other’ then unite -> this makes us delightful and happy
The road from mountains -> it is from ‘source’ = logo’s typography, and connects to the client -> thus it means ‘connection for giving targets client’s service / product’
Base font -> Relation Two
These two colors have stylishness, elegance -> also has fineness.
Gold and navy – I chose these colors because they give fineness, elegance, chic and stylishness.